Apple crisp is a classic fall dessert. Incredibly easy to make and loved by the masses! A great way to use up some apples after going apple picking. This gluten-free and vegan apple crisp is a healthier way to make the famed dessert.
Coconut Sugar is used instead of the more refined brown sugar. Whole oats flakes and a gluten-free free flour mix replace the refined white flour usually used. And finally coconut oil replaces the beloved butter.
Can you dig it? Just go ahead and give it a try. Desserts you can feel good about are a great thing. This doesn’t mean you should indulge all the time! However I would be lying if I said I didn’t have this for breakfast the other day. Apples, cinnamon, oats. All part of a delicious and healthy breakfast.
I used a gluten-free flour blend that I bought at Costco made by Cloud 9 bakery. This isn’t the first time my gf and I used this flour and we have been quite happy with the results. Cloud 9 is a specialty bakery in British Columbia and they claim that their flour is their secret ingredient. I would recommend picking some up if you can find it.
What is your favourite fall dessert?
- 8 cups apples- peeled and sliced
- juice of 1 lemon - about 3 tablespoons
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup oat flakes
- 1 cup gluten free flour mix
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ⅔ cup of coconut oil, melted
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix the apples, lemon juice, ¼ cup coconut sugar, and ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon together in a baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the topping ingredients together and mix well. Add the coconut oil last and mix until everything is wet.
- Cover the apples with the topping.
- Bake uncovered for about 45 min, until apples are soft and topping is brown.
- Serve with vegan coconut ice cream!
Powered by Facebook Comments