You may be asking yourself “a Jerusalem what?” Or maybe “a what kind of artichoke?” Not the most well known vegetable, but let me tell you that roasted Jerusalem artichokes are the bomb! Sweet and sticky goodness.
Based on the picture below you may be very confused because they look nothing like artichokes. And yes you are right, they are nothing like artichokes.
Unlike the artichokes you may be more familiar with, Jerusalem artichokes are not very hard to prepare from scratch. Wash. Toss with some oil. Throw in the oven and bam! You have yourself some serious goodness. Just wait until they become soft and creamy on the inside.
Jerusalem artichokes can be a great substitute for potatoes as a side dish. You may have seen them before at the store and wondered what they are, and completely avoided them. Now you can go looking for them and give them a try. Let me know how you like them!
What would you guys like to see more of on Health is Happiness? Would love to hear what you have to say!
- jerusalem artichokes as needed
- olive oil
- garlic, one clove for every few chokes
- fresh thyme
- optional: sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Thoroughly wash the Jerusalem artichokes by scrubbing them with a brush
- Toss the chokes in a roasting dish. Drizzle with a little olive oil and the leaves from a few sprigs of thyme.
- Roast for 45 minutes, or until a fork can easily pierce through them.
- Salt is optional because when roasted to a sweet and sticky state as seen above they are delicious even without any salt. I leave it up to you.
Powered by Facebook Comments