It’s that time of year again. As usual I can’t believe how quickly Christmas has come and I know I am not the only one who feels like this.
Being a lover of food of course I love this time of year because it means eating all types of delicious food until you simply can’t eat anymore. Yes sometimes we tend to overdo it but that’s ok. Not something I sully encourage but it always seems to happen. The most important thing is that we share time with friends and family and eat food with lots of love put into it.
There tends to be a lot of heavy and sweet food around at this time of year. This easy dessert of sautéed apples and pecans is a great idea if you want something yummy that isn’t so rich and sweet.
A dessert doesn’t have to be full of white flour and refined sugar to be delicious. The trick is to start experimenting with a few different healthier options and you will see what I am talking about.
Happy Holidays everyone! I hope you have a healthy and happy Christmas of course.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 apples, peeled and diced (about 2 cups)
- ¼ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan on medium heat. Add the pecans. And cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the apples, cinnamon and salt. Mix well. Cook for about 10 minutes until apples have softened.
- Add vanilla at the end. mix everything together one last time and serve.
Powered by Facebook Comments